CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Last Smile....







Time passes, as do our loved ones. I'll be eternally grateful for the SMILE she gave me, on my visit with our mom ("Nannie") just hours before the stroke which took her life occurred. That SMILE would be her last.

She was getting pretty confused and disoriented, but was trying her best to be cheerful and make me feel like it was important to her that I came to see her. She was pretty emphatic that she wanted me to pack her clothes, and help her put on her shoes, so that she could get down to State Street, to go home to meet Daddy. She even asked if he knew that I was there. (Somehow I think that HE WAS...nearby).

Today is Mother's Day, and if the Heavenly Father lets his daughters who have returned Home, get a glimpse into our mortal musings today, I HOPE "Nannie" (and Grammie Rosse'!) know how VERY MUCH they are LOVED!!!!

Happy Mother's Day! I miss you (both) so VERY MUCH!

3 comments:

Mari said...

Beautifully written Mom! You are so wonderful- I sure love you!!

Really Wild West Mama said...

Thank you Mari!~ You're VERY kind! Everyone else has much better ways of writing their feelings! I'm intimidated!!!

I figured this was sorta like a journal entry since it's been so blinkin long since I wrote anything!

I wonder if our loved ones get to read our blogs??! Something to think about, huh??

I sure love you!~

Nancy B. said...

I love the pictures of your mom.