CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 26, 2009


Well, last Friday was the end of a pretty long line! Over 20 years of teaching school is now a memory! Getting things "wrapped up" has been daunting, and filled with mixed feelings.

Many years ago I'd have given my left arm to leave this career....but fortunately, the kids and families at this school have been as good as you can get!! This has made my need to "stick with it" worth all the toil and effort!

The student and parents' notes to me, this last week were deeply touching, and reassuring that there have been valuable learning experiences in our class, and lives that were influenced.

One little girl in particular said she'd never had a teacher who could make math FUN until this year! (Who'd have guessed!!) I remember Mr. Clark in high school grinding my pencil (and his teeth) into my papers because he was so FRUSTRATED that I just didn't "get it"!!!!

Each child in my class has definitely impacted MY life! These kids were AMAZING and very perceptive! Children these days ARE!!! I'm sure all of YOU could testify to this!! I know MY grandchildren are the light of my life! The things they understand and can do, FAR surpass anything I could ever do at their ages!!!

So, I write to let you know I am MENTALLY celebrating a milestone in my life!!!! We think graduations are fulfilling! Well....this moment of RETIREMENT is passing up those feelings!!!

Look out fambly, and friends! I KNOW YOUR NUMBERS!!! I intend to make up for lost time!
Thank you for all YOUR encouragement and support! I can't even imagine where I'd be without YOU!!!!

12 comments:

katie said...

Congrats on the huge milestone. Did you get your shoes? I left them on Shell's deck.

Really Wild West Mama said...

Hi Katie!

Thank you!! ....and yep I picked them up this afternoon. Thank you again for helping me out with them!
You'll have to email me and give me your email address AND permission to view your blog. I don't know how I lost them!!! ERRRRR!!!! Probably when I lost my mind a few months ago!

I LOVE YOUR blog! Hopefully I can do at least a bit better, now?! Wish me luck!

ronnie said...

GOOD luck Vickie!! i am so jealous! I'm sure you r students of the past few years are hating to see you go, as well as those who are fast approaching 4th (?) grade! enjoy your retirement, and i still hold firm that math DOES suck! rhonda

Really Wild West Mama said...

Rhonda,

THANK YOU! Retirement still seems unreal! Guess it'll hit me real good when my paycheck is 1/3 what it is now! Actually, after Obama gets through with us, we'll be lucky if we even get a crumb!

We've GOT to get together soon!

Mari said...

I'm excited for your retirement for selfish reasons! I get to see you more!!! Can't wait for the fun we'll have...lets see....
snowbird, maybe July or August.
camping, maybe end of June.
movie nights, maybe every week.
dinner, anytime! and I mean ANY time!

So excited! I love you so much mom! Way to go on the 20 years of teaching- you were an incredible teacher!

Voice of Reason said...

Vickie, now that you are retired, maybe you could send me other reviews on biker movies you have rented.

Really Wild West Mama said...

Mari,

It's a DEAL!! I can't wait! Got my flowers and garden in! Yay! So, now it's time to PLAY and RELAX!!

Jim....You THINK! I've only rented ONE movie in 7 years! That was 7 years ago! The only "biker" movies I'd rent would be the ones you take of Rhonda and Marty!

Hollywood....eat your heart out!!

Annie said...

conrats vickie! does this mean you can throw your notebook away???

Really Wild West Mama said...

Ha! Surely you jest about my notebook Annie! It'd be like tossing out my brain! (Believe me, I can't afford to toss out one single brain cell!!!!)

Northwest Minuteman said...

Great blog! A couple more you might enjoy:

www.freedoms-fight.blogspot.com
www.calendar9-12.blogspot.com

Nancy B. said...

YOU MADE IT! (I'm a little slow on the congrats.) It was great to see you at the reunion. I'm glad we had a chance to catch up. See you in December.

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....